Kynoch Environmental Management, Inc. (KEM) was formed by J. Brent Kynoch. KEM has earned a reputation as one of the leading consultants in asbestos inspection, assessment, abatement design, and management. J. Brent Kynoch has been a leader in the asbestos abatement industry since 1984.
KEM’s licensed Asbestos Inspectors and Management Planners have provided extensive service in support of federal AHERA and NESHAP regulations. Over the years, we have successfully provided asbestos consulting for historic restorations, hospital renovations, and AHERA school abatement projects. With our experience in asbestos testing and management for the federal agencies, the Department of Defense, and architecture and engineering firms, we have earned a reputation for diversity and dependability.
- KEM’s projects are conducted in accordance with EPA AHERA, EPA NESHAP and OSHA regulations for asbestos testing, abatement design and abatement monitoring.
- All suspect bulk asbestos samples are sent to an independent NVLAP accredited laboratory for Polarized Light Microscopy analysis. Air monitoring samples are sent to an independent AIHA accredited laboratory for Phase Contrast Microscopy analysis and an independent NVLAP accredited laboratory for Transmission Electron Microscopy analysis.
- All laboratory analytical results are carefully reviewed and reported in a concise and accurate format.
- KEM’s Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Program is suited to each project, and includes emergency response plans, periodic reinspections and air monitoring.
- When abatement is necessary, KEM will provide technical specifications and abatement drawings with detailed cost estimates. KEM also has full CADD capabilities.
- KEM will supervise the solicitation of bids from qualified contractors, and will assist our client with the contracting procedure.
- On-site abatement management is conducted by KEM personnel, which includes air monitoring and the approval of the contractor’s submittals.
- KEM has developed a strict quality control procedure to assure that the projects are completed with the highest quality.
- Photographic and written documentation is conducted to assure the project is recorded for historical purposes.
- In conjunction with the development of an O&M Program, KEM conducts awareness training.
- Each project KEM undertakes adds to our base of knowledge for future endeavors, allowing us to continually deliver more reliable and sophisticated services